He who eats alone dies alone


Chi mangia solo crepa solo

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Update

I had my last day of work at the Card Shop last week so the countdown to moving to Michigan has really begun. We will both be attending the University of Michigan for our Master's. Dimitri is getting his Master in Financial Engineering and I will be getting my Master in Kinesiology with a specialization in Motor Control and Development. We pick up our truck on June 13th and we're heading out early on June 14th. We're planning on driving to Sturgis, SD the first day, Chicago the second, and arriving in Ann Arbor on June 16th.

Dimitri is beginning boot camp (basically a summer school class for everyone in his program to make sure they start on the same page) on July 2 so we will have plenty of time to unpack and explore before then. I will probably be doing a whole lot of nothing during July unless my advisor wants me to work in a lab or something since I will be there so early.

Boot camp for Dimitri ends at the beginning of August so we will both have that time off before school starts on Sept. 4. Dimitri already has his fall schedule set up and he is taking 12.75 credits this fall. I will be signing up for classes this week and will probably be taking 9 credits unless I work in a lab in which case I will probably get more credits. We're hoping to finish school in a year and a half, it just depends on how the classes work out. Dimitri needs 39 credits to graduate and I only need 30.

We are really excited to move to Michigan and start a new chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment