He who eats alone dies alone


Chi mangia solo crepa solo

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Let the Holidays Begin!

With Halloween on Thursday it marks the beginning of the holiday season. As many people know I love the holidays! Some think I'm crazy as I started listening to Christmas music and my Christmas shopping in September but I just can't help getting excited for the holidays.

Today Arielle and I carved our pumpkins. We still have a few small details to touch up once we have candles in them but overall they are complete. For the last few years we have started carving more fun and challenging pumpkins and this year was no exception. We bought some nicer carving tools at my favorite food-ware store (Williams-Sonoma) this year and they actually made the process smoother and a little easier. We baked some pumpkin cookies and Arielle gave me a hard time for listening to Christmas music after all of my Halloween music stopped.

 
 
Dimitri (Owl, Moon, Leaves) and Arielle (Ariel and Flounder)


Halloween has a lot of fun memories for me as my dad "made" us walk block after block until people stopped answering their doors. When we were little we complained from time to time about walking but as we got older it was fun since we always had more candy than most kids.

Natalya as a clown and I was a cowboy.
As Halloween approaches I am pretty excited to be handing out candy to the neighborhood children. We weren't able to last year due to our class schedules. Happy Halloween and remember to hand out candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment