He who eats alone dies alone


Chi mangia solo crepa solo

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Welcome to the South

Once we were in Dallas for about a week we headed down to New Orleans to see Natalya, Damien, and Audrina at Natalya's in-laws. Arielle had never been to New Orleans and neither of us had driven through Louisiana. It took us eight hours to get there and the state of Louisiana looks nothing like New Orleans. Most of Louisiana is green but there were hardly any cities or people anywhere.
Mississippi River
New Orleans was a blast. I haven't seen my sister in over two years and we got to visit all the tourist spots in New Orleans. My favorite thing about New Orleans is going to CafĂ© du Monde. We had a big fourth of July party with lots of food and did some swimming in the new pool Trisha and Rita (Natalya's in-laws) bought.

Jackson Square
Once we got back to Dallas we continued to unpack and explore our neighborhood and other parts of Dallas. We live in Far North Dallas which is a suburb of Dallas. Almost any store or restaurant you can think of is within ten to twenty minutes from us. I have heard that there are more restaurants per person in Dallas than any other city in the US which is easy to believe.
 
Costco's great gelato
As many of you know we love Costco and the Costco here serves three scoops of gelato for $1.50 which is amazing. There are also sports and luxury cars everywhere. I usually see at least one Bentley, one Tesla, and either a Ferrari or a Maserati on the way to work. Dallas is always hot and doesn't really cool down at night. Everyone here keeps telling me that this is a mild summer but either way it's hot. Many locals will tell you that it is too hot to swim because the pool water warms up with the outside temperature.  I like my new job and the building that I am in is really nice. Overall our first impression of Dallas is good.
 
The view from my desk.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment