He who eats alone dies alone


Chi mangia solo crepa solo

Friday, February 5, 2010

Consumer Behavior

In class we talked about consumer behavior and how company's use blogs to sell their products. I was searching for information on product blogs when I came across a blog called Sleek Hair. My "perception" at first was this is not a blog...it is a web site where you buy products. After taking a closer look I noticed that it is a blog for the company on their own web site. I looked at the comments and noticed that every comment was about how great their products are. I then looked to see who had been writing these blogs. I found out that every blog was written by "SleekHair Professional HairCare Products." The company was the one posting about it's products and to top it off no one else is allowed to post! There is nowhere on the page where you can comment back. This company must assume that their consumers are oblivious and just buy whatever the company tells them they need. This company must be an amateur at marketing.
My second blog I looked at was www.Coca-ColaConversation.com. This blog is a blog dedicated to Coca Cola. The first thing I noticed about this blog was that the company posts the blog topics but there are consumers who comment on the posts. All the comments are good comments so it makes me wonder if Coca Cola pays people to post good comments. I then realized that this blog wasn't about how good Coca Cola is, it's about Coca Cola collectibles. Overall the site was much better than the Sleekhair blog; it made me interested in reading all about Coca Cola and actually made me thirsty thinking about their products. Coca Cola seems to respect their customers and understand their consumers behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment